System Engineer Amsterdam
Would you like to work for an organization where the sky’s the limit in terms of innovation and developing state-of-the-art solutions? Do you search for improvement in everything you do on a daily basis? Then this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that you can not miss. Our client is a high-tech technology-driven organization and definitely the most innovative in their field. They are a global firm with multiple offices around the globe. For their location in Amsterdam, they are looking for a hands-on System Engineer to join their Infrastructure team.
As a System Engineer, you will continuously improve and maintain the low latency Linux based back-end environment. You will manage and maintain big data solutions, Linux clusters and storage and backup infrastructure. Their main focus is on systems automation, DevOps, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery so they can deploy rapidly and repeatable. You will communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders about technical concepts. Therefore it is very important that you have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Skillset System Engineer
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- You have advanced knowledge of Linux system administration and Linux internals; including services, networking, and file systems
- Proven work experience in storage, backup, network and cloud-based technologies
- You have solid shell scripting and Python skills
- You have knowledge of Docker, Mesos and Kubernetes
- You have experience with job scheduling, submission, and priority setting in an HPC environment
- You have experience with distributed and parallel high-performance file systems such as GPFS
- You have experience with automated provisioning and systems management (PXE, Puppet, Salt)
- You have the ability to work in a team-oriented environment with minimal direct supervision
- Experience with Git or SVN and CI tools such as TeamCity and Jenkins
- Functional knowledge of SQL and working with databases
Compensation System Engineer
- Salary €80.000- €120.000 (depending on knowledge and experience)
- A yearly bonus
- You will work in an amazing office which inspires all employees to give their best every day
- Great lunches
- Continuing learning and development opportunities including relevant (postgraduate) studies
Would you like to know more about the job? Upload your resume on our website and we will contact you as soon a possible.