We are looking for a Principal Architect to join our client’s architecture team to be accountable for influencing and leading the transformation of one of our client’s division’s digital assets as they continue with their delivery towards the Public/Private Cloud solutions.
Our client is a global provider of information, software, and services. Their customers are legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and healthcare professionals. They serve clients in more than 180 countries. For their office near Leiden, they are looking for a Principal Architect.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Contributes to the development of policies, standards, and guidelines for IT strategy development and planning.
- Specifies and applies appropriate analytical techniques to create information which supports business decision-making.
- Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements.
- Reviews information systems for compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes. Responsible for ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures and overall information management strategy.
- Actively monitors for, and seeks, opportunities, new methods, trends, capabilities, and products to the advancement of the organization.
- Monitors the market to gain knowledge and understanding of currently emerging technologies.
- Specifies and designs large or complex systems. Selects appropriate design standards, methods, and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures they are applied effectively.
- Reviews others’ systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Leads a team, providing expert technical knowledge in the systems testing of platform-specific versions of the software products, on varying platforms.
- Researches suppliers and markets, and maintains a broad understanding of the commercial environment, to inform and develop commercial strategies and sourcing plans. Advises on the business case for alternative sourcing models, and on policy and procedures covering the selection of suppliers, tendering, and procurement. Leads procurement teams, managing tender, evaluation and acquisition processes.
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field would be preferred
- You have 10+ years’ IT Experience within an Architecture Role
- An Architecture Certification: TOGAF, ARCHIMATE, ZACHMAN, etc. is preferred
- Azure Certified Solution Architect or equivalent At least 5 years of leadership experience, leading migration and transformation of infrastructure resources to the Public Cloud (Azure and AWS)
- Recent experience within Architecture, Design, and implementation of complex, highly available and highly scalable solutions, including Disaster Recovery and Containers.
- Recent working experience of Europe related compliance such as GDPR
- A working experience in enterprise-wide Architectural governance, framework, and ensuring all solutions within your division are capturing and aligning to architecture decisions, exceptions, standards etc.
- Developing complex business cases and promoting and presenting these to technical and nontechnical stakeholders
- Recent experience in defining and working within a traditional waterfall, Agile & DevOps environments
- Recent experience of working within CI & CD pipelines
- A broad working knowledge of Information Security and how to implement technologies to provide compliant solutions
- Project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling, and resource management
- Recent experience of negotiating, presenting and selling complex business cases
- Salary €120.000 - €140.000
- Excellent secondary benefits
- Many opportunities to develop both personally and professionally
- Work with a proven product and technology, using the most modern technical architecture
- Nice office location