Junior Java Developer Rotterdam
Do you want to work in a highly innovative company and develop a unique in the market software tool? Their software is used by some of the largest companies in the world operating in various industries, such as the oil and gas, energy and offshore industries. Working as a Java Developer at our client means developing great software products which enrich the professional lives of many people.
As a Junior Java Developer, you will be primarily responsible for the development of technically advanced software. You will work in a team with people from other disciplines. Since you are a junior you will be coached by other senior developers. Working for our client means working in an inspiring and informal environment where you can truly be yourself and where you will be encouraged to grow as a professional. You can develop yourself to become one of the best in the business.
Skillset Junior Java Developer
You have an all-around skill set in various software technologies and tools. You have a passion for algorithms, data structures, and performance improvements. You consider it a challenge to apply compiler techniques, develop a 3D viewer, or to implement a mathematical methodology in the software.
Do you recognize yourself in the above profile and do you have:
- A true passion for software engineering
- Preferably a university degree in Computer Science
- Software architecture (Architecture oriented to services, REST)
- Object-oriented analysis, design, and development. Design patterns (GoF)
- Agile methodologies (Lean, RUP)
- Domain Driven Development (DDD), Test Driven Development (TDD)
- All phases of the software development lifecycle
- Usability and human interfaces design
- Automated building, testing and deployment, and source version control
- App servers (Tomcat, SpringSource tc, GlassFish, IBM’s, WebSphere 6)
- Other interesting technologies (Android, 3D engines, compilers)
Who is our client
Our client is a leading multidisciplinary software and consultancy company involved in determining the investment costs for a wide range of projects. The current economic situation makes for companies that want to be confident about future investments and the profitability of their projects. They work for various industries, such as petrochemical, offshore and governmental, both national and international. For this purpose, they develop software that has to meet the latest technological developments. With a young team of passionate professionals, they try to achieve the best results for our clients.
Our client provides excellent company benefits for this function including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience)
- 29,5 holidays (based upon a 40hrs work week)
- Company car
- Contributory pension scheme
- A challenging job within an ambitious environment where you can develop yourself to become one of the best in the business