Junior Java Developer
We are looking for a Junior Java Developer for our client in Leiden. Are you looking to work in an international team with technologies such as Kubernetes, Jenkins and AWS Cloud? Then you cannot miss this great job opportunity!
Our client is a global provider of IT services and applications within several different domains of expertise. They serve clients worldwide. For their office in Leiden, they are looking for a Junior Java Developer.
Job description Junior Java Developer
As a Junior Java Developer, you will closely work with a team of enthusiastic developers, designers, architects, a Product Owner, and a Software Development Director. Together you will create quality cloud-based services for a variety of professional customers worldwide. The challenge and focus of this role can be adjusted, based on your level of seniority.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Create great software for new and existing platforms and tools
- Work on architecture, design, and coding
- Improve processes and automate recurring tasks
- Develop systems for fault-tolerance, correctness, security, and high availability
- Collaborate with the Product Management teams to define the scope and drive the implementation of new features from conception to realization
- Be part of an international development team
- Conduct code reviews for colleagues, while taking feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve
Skillset Junior Java Developer
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree
- You have 1+ year of experience in Java software engineering
- Experience in creating micro-service architectures in AWS
- High-competence in an object-oriented programming language
- Hands-on experience with AWS cloud-based services
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
- You have hands-on experience with container solutions (Docker) and/or container schedulers (AWS ECS, Kubernetes)
- You have hands-on experience with CI/CD automation using Jenkins, Terraform / CloudFormation, source-code branching strategies
- Experienced with OAuth, OIDC protocol, JWT standard • Experienced with Test Driven Development (TDD)
Compensation Junior Java Developer
- Yearly salary €35.000 - €50.000
- Occasional international travel will be required to meet with colleagues abroad (the mainly USA and Europe).
- Excellent secondary benefits
- Many opportunities to develop both personally and professionally
- Work with a proven product and technology, using the most modern technical architecture
- Nice office location