Elixir Developer Amsterdam
Are you looking to be part of creating an amazing user experience for the next challenger in the Dutch E-commerce space? Want to work on your functional programming skills in an environment where tech is leading and where you can actually make an impact on the final product? No? Then I guess you’d better look elsewhere, because that’s what this position is all about.
Job Description Elixir Developer
Our client in Amsterdam is looking for a Senior Backend Developer with a passion for Elixir, to help them build high performance, scalable backend systems to support their many E-commerce platforms. They build their API’s using Elixir and NodeJS, and use GraphQL for querying. They’re pretty much on the bleeding edge at all times, using the latest tools, because they like it and, because you like it. But mostly because you like it. What you also like, is solving problems before they arise.
Skillset Elixir Developer
- 5+ years experience in a relevant role
- Strong programming skills and experience with 2+ server-side programming languages
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to influence and collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You are eager to tackle complex problems and take on challenges whilst working in a fast paced environment
- Focused on quality, performance, and efficiency
- Experience building highly performant and scalable systems
- Extensive knowledge of the BEAM VM, in-depth understanding of OTP framework and it’s behaviors
- Experience building data processing pipelines using GenStage (or Flow)
- Deep understanding of the concept of supervision trees
- You’re comfortable using modern APIs within web applications.
- Excellent debugging and investigative skills; you’re capable of finding the cause of an issue quickly.
- Intimate knowledge of Git (you feel comfortable doing rebases and bisecting issues).
- You enjoy hacking things together to create a proof of concept but you’re very critical of the code you push to production
Compensation Elixir Developer
- Salary €60.000 - €90.000
- Informal environment with a strong tech focus
- Working from home and flexible hours (life/work balance, not the other way around)
- Room for good ideas. Desire for great ideas.
- Opportunities to develop your career within their company